Monday, December 3, 2012

SUPER EASY!!! Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg (lightly beaten)

Add PB and sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.  Then add the egg until it is well blended.

Form 1 1/2 inch balls and and place onto ungreased baking sheets one inch apart.  Makes about 24* cookies.   (I placed a sheet of parchment paper on the sheet to prevent any sticking and easy removal when cooling).  Use a fork and pressed criss-cross patterns to resemble traditional PB cookies.

Bake for 10 minutes and remove.  Pull the parchment paper with cookies off the baking sheet and onto a cooling rack.  It will cool within minutes and you can enjoy them even sooner!  Do let them cool though so they can firm up.

As I was baking my cookies, I decided to surf the net.  Then I stumbled onto

www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies-recipe/index.html

Though I did not use vanilla extract, I did like her salt idea. So I grinded sea salt and sprinkled onto the finished cookies.

*If you want the cookies to be larger, make the balls bigger and them flatten them to the desired size.  The dough will not really flatten and spread out like traditional cookies in the oven.  It will almost hold the exact shape it was prior to cooking.

Now get some lactose free milk! :) Yummy!

Try it and tell me what you think! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment